Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Participating in the new Studio Calico Color Theory Class with Wilna Furstenberg



        For Lesson One we did Primary colors, and I chose tints and shades of yellow, so a monochromatic color scheme. The neutrals don't count , and my art and design teachers always said to add lots of neutrals when working with a strong color.




        Lots of white, black and gray to temper the strong yellow. I loved using the Studio Calico Silk Screens that came with this class pictured above top left. All Patterned paper, and embellishments are from Studio Calico except the Hobby Lobby gray pleated ribbon, the Michaels Recollections floral ribbon on top of that and the Ki Memories Pop Culture (older Product ) lace paper.
















I painted molding paste with light shade of yellow (Color Theory Studio Calico) paint, and added the silk screen over several areas. then let that dry and went back over with a darkened version of the same yellow to bring out the impasto look.




    I like how there is lots of interest created with all the texture going on here.




All these embellishments came in Studio Calico previous card kits, and since I have them organized by color it was easy to find them. Studio Calico Mist in Clay splattered as well as india ink.



I absolutely LOVE taking this class and it really prompts me to use colors and supplies that are out of my comfort zone, and of course Wilna Rocks!!


Thank you for taking the time to visit my little Artful Leigh Creative Studio!



2 comments:

  1. A lady after my own heart. You can never really have to many ruffles. I love you page.

    Aimee

    www.betwixtandbetween.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha yes, ruffles and more ruffles! Thank you Aimee !

      Delete